BATH TIME BABIES with EMLER SWIM SCHOOL
I have said it before and I’ll say it again; if you have a baby, get out of the house! As I strongly pushed the importance of staying active with your baby in my previous post Baby get your zen on I am adding another “must do” to the list… Baby swim lessons!
Did you know Emler Swim School offers swim lessons to babies from 2months old?! And guess what… swimmers up to 5 months old are free… FREE!!!!
The class is called Bath Time Babies and it’s amazing! I started taking Dex as soon as he was old enough at 2 months. I really enjoyed this class and looked forward to my weekly uninterrupted bonding time in the pool.
Reasons we love this class:
1) IT’S FREE and as you know daily activities can add up.
2) IT’S INDOOR- This is important because although swimming is fun, it can be a hassle putting on sunscreen and worrying about getting too much sun. Another reason this is a plus, you can take class all year long, rain or shine, night or day.
3) IT’S FUN – This is a great great bonding activity because you are learning together, holding your baby, and constantly communicating.
4) MOMMY NETWORKING- If you are new to the mom game you may not yet have friends with babies the same age as yours. This is another opportunity to meet Moms with babies in the same stage as you. It’s very helpful in navigating your way through parenthood when you can bounce thoughts and experiences off one another.
5) IT’S SAFE- You can never be too careful when it comes to water safety. This class allows little ones to get comfortable with being in the water and prepping them to learn safety skills.
I adamantly encourage all my new”bee” moms to try this class, EMLER has multiple locations all over the Dallas area. They also offer a wide range of times so all you stay-at-home moms and working moms or dads can participate. All you need is 2 swim diapers. Good news: if you mention UPTOWN MOM when signing up, you get a FREE swim diaper!!!! Yay! More free stuff!!!!